Makar Technologies Ltd
Makar Technologies Ltd is an EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) provider with two manufacturing sites, both based in the Moray area (15,000 SqFt) of Scotland. The business employs 40+ staff over the two sites.
The purchasing manager will work with the current purchasing team and customer programme manager to manage the supply chain, price and purchase material and keep a record of material order status and delivery. This role will be based in Forres.
- Liaise between Production, Engineering, Programme Management and the Supply Chain teams.
- Obtain timely quotations from the supply chain
- Pricing of BOM’s (Bill of Materials) to allow quotations to be generated
- Purchasing and expediting materials of the correct quality, at the agreed price and to the agreed delivery schedule
- Identifying part supply for kits when there are shortages
- Work to the MRP requirements and request quotations for items required to be purchased
- Place purchase orders with suppliers and manage/control until receipt of ordered parts.
- Input and process purchase orders on the MRP system
- Manage the approved vendor list, qualifying suppliers before adding to the list
- Obtain all necessary documentation and information to meet purchasing requirements
- Liaise with the Quality Dept. on supplier returns and new suppliers
- Resolve supplier invoice queries
- Report to Programme Managers and Production Managers with material updated on existing orders.
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers
- Attending customer and supplier calls, meeting or video calls
- Monitor and improve supplier performance using KPIs, supplier reviews etc.
- Create and monitor supplier T&Cs, supplier framework agreements and project work packages
- Support and manage Buyers within the procurement team
- Carry out any other related tasks as specified by the Progamme Manager/Operational Team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experienced buyer
- Experience desirable in purchasing electronic components or within an engineering environment
- Negotiation and setting up agreements
- Worked in a NPI environment, or mixed volume (low to high volume production)
- Computer literate, proficient in MS Office
- Good organisational skills, ability to prioritise and work under own initiative is required
- Good verbal and written communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
Training will be provided.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Suitable to Job requirements
Full driving license required to attend supplier/customer visits where necessary.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.